Sunday, August 14, 2016

Maltese Olive Oil and organic summer squash ... ???





I also found Maltese Olive Oil ... like I said, I haven't been to the market for so long that I didn't know about them. Apparently they are from Sacramento and have been doing the market for about 4 years. But their olive oil tastes amazing and so reminded me of the olive oil from Portugal, from the olives of my parents' trees in their backyard.  Really!

So what to do with fresh organic summer squash and a 

premium quality cold pressed olive oil?


I cut the squash into bite sized chunks and rinsed them (ended up about 3 cups of chopped squash)
Heated some water on the stove (1 quart) until it was boiling, spinkled with salt and turmeric, then threw the squash in and cooked for 2 mins (on the clock!)

Drained the water (do NOT throw the water out, it's packed full of nutrients!) and placed it on a plate. Added some fresh lemon juice, salt, pepper, a little Maltese Olive Oil and some nutritional yeast (of course!)

Throw the chopped squash into the boiling water and sprinkle salt and turmeric

After cooking for 2 minutes drain the water into another pot.
I used the water to cook pasta so all those nutrients didn't go to waste!

Here is the final shot ... Garnished with a sliced organic tomato and oregano! YUMM!


1 comment: